The Cinema 100 Film Society is a non-profit organization dedicated to bringing diverse films to the Bismarck-Mandan community. In furthering that mission, we are launching an annual grant process for accomplished or aspiring filmmakers.
Cinema 100 shall award a cash grant of up to $1500 to one filmmaker who meets the prize criteria.
Application open date: January 2, 2019
Application Close date: NOON Central Time on Friday, March 1, 2019
Award announcement: At Dakota Film Festival, April 5 & 6, 2019
Criteria for consideration
What we fund:
- Film projects within Bismarck/Mandan area or featuring Bismarck/Mandan, within North Dakota or featuring North Dakota, or within the Northern Great Plains or featuring the Northern Great Plains.
- We will fund any film genre and any length of film.
- We will only fund original filmmaking.
- One grant award of up to $1500 will be given annually.
- Grant award will be determined by a jury of Cinema 100 board members and appointees.
- Cinema 100 may contact the applicant with questions.
- Grantees must submit a final financial report once the grant is complete.
- Grantees must submit an edited piece at the end of the grant period.
- Cinema 100 support must be acknowledged with a tag line and logo – of similar size and stature to other logos in the credits – at the end credits of the film as well as on publicity and promotional materials relating to the production.
- Cinema 100 may not return DVDs to applicants.
- 2-page maximum narrative:
o Who are the key individuals in this project? What are their roles and responsibilities to the project?
o Outline of the project including content, length, and genre. Please describe your project in detail and what is needed to conduct this project.
o What is the plan of action and timetable for completion? Please list the tasks, time frame, and who is responsible for the tasks.
- Budget: Please list other funding sources being used or sought to accomplish this project. Please list the project expenses, the applicant’s funding or other funding source, amount of funds being requested from Cinema 100, and total project cost. The Budget Summary should list all expenses needed to accomplish the goals stated in the application.
Send completed applications to Renee at email@example.com by noon CST on Friday, March 1, 2019.