Wednesday, August 28, 2019
Thursday, January 3, 2019
The Cinema 100 Film Society is a non-profit organization dedicated to bringing diverse films to the Bismarck-Mandan community. In furthering that mission, we are launching an annual grant process for accomplished or aspiring filmmakers.
Cinema 100 shall award a cash grant of up to $1500 to one filmmaker who meets the prize criteria.
Application open date: January 2, 2019
Application Close date: NOON Central Time on Friday, March 1, 2019
Award announcement: At Dakota Film Festival, April 5 & 6, 2019
Criteria for consideration
What we fund:
- Film projects within Bismarck/Mandan area or featuring Bismarck/Mandan, within North Dakota or featuring North Dakota, or within the Northern Great Plains or featuring the Northern Great Plains.
- We will fund any film genre and any length of film.
- We will only fund original filmmaking.
- One grant award of up to $1500 will be given annually.
- Grant award will be determined by a jury of Cinema 100 board members and appointees.
- Cinema 100 may contact the applicant with questions.
- Grantees must submit a final financial report once the grant is complete.
- Grantees must submit an edited piece at the end of the grant period.
- Cinema 100 support must be acknowledged with a tag line and logo – of similar size and stature to other logos in the credits – at the end credits of the film as well as on publicity and promotional materials relating to the production.
- Cinema 100 may not return DVDs to applicants.
- 2-page maximum narrative:
o Who are the key individuals in this project? What are their roles and responsibilities to the project?
o Outline of the project including content, length, and genre. Please describe your project in detail and what is needed to conduct this project.
o What is the plan of action and timetable for completion? Please list the tasks, time frame, and who is responsible for the tasks.
- Budget: Please list other funding sources being used or sought to accomplish this project. Please list the project expenses, the applicant’s funding or other funding source, amount of funds being requested from Cinema 100, and total project cost. The Budget Summary should list all expenses needed to accomplish the goals stated in the application.
Send completed applications to Renee at firstname.lastname@example.org by noon CST on Friday, March 1, 2019.
Thursday, December 27, 2018
We have another one ready to roll!
January 10 - Captain Fantastic
January 17 - Three Identical Strangers
January 24 - Shoplifters
January 31 - Step
February 7 - Leave No Trace
February 14 - Mid90s
February 21- Stories We Tell
February 28 - A Prayer Before Dawn
March 7 - Good Time
March 14 - Love, Gilda
March 21 - Support the Girls
Tuesday, September 11, 2018
Sunday, January 7, 2018
January 11 - The End of the Tour
January 18 - A Most Violent Year
January 25 - Locke
February 1 - The Spectacular Now
February 8 - Amy
February 15 - I Am Not Your Negro
February 22 - Mississippi Grind
March 1 - Lucky
March 8 - Loving Vincent
March 15 - Slow West
March 22 - Call Me By Your Name
April 5 - While We're Young
Monday, September 18, 2017
Oct. 5 - The Edge of Seventeen
Oct. 12 - 20th Century Women
Oct. 19 - Paterson
Oct. 26 - Things to Come
Nov. 2 - Swiss Army Man
Tickets can be purchased before each screening in the Grand Theater entry lobby. Look for our table. Price for the entire series is $10.00. Showtimes for all films are 3:00 and 5:30.
Mark your calendars for five terrific consecutive Thursdays!
Monday, January 9, 2017
1/12/17 Life, Animated
1/19/17 Certain Women
2/2/17 45 Years
2/9/17 Will Success Spoil Rock Hunter
2/16/17 Morris From America
2/23/17 99 Homes
3/9/17 The Last Picture Show
3/16/17 The House of Sand
3/23/17 Learning to Drive
3/30/17 The Eagle Huntress
Tickets are $25.00 for all 12 movies and are available at the door. All movies screen at the Grand Theater at 3:00 and 5:30 on Thursdays.